Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Comics Corner Grand Opening

Today was the grand opening party for our new Comics Corner.  You can read all about the plans in my previous post. 
The kids had a great time exploring the new comic collection, eating popcorn, taking a few free comics and trying for prizes. I should have printed more Minecraft Steve and Creeper Cubees.
Here are a few shots with the photo props and my bulletin board city backdrop. I love the Superman stare. 

This is the table of free comics and Marvel themed candy I found at the dollar store. On the right is the prize table and homemade scratch off tickets. On the left is one of the students enjoying the comics. That's me popping popcorn and sporting my sister's pop art Boom shirt from Target. 

We had a great time celebrating reading. I have already had one teacher approach me about using Comics Corner time as a motivator for one of her math students. Yay! I love my job.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is awesome and I bookmarked it for the future.

    ReplyDelete